Are you preparing for the UGC NET exam? Read on to know more about the exam pattern and what you should focus on while studying.
The UGC NET 2023 Application Form will be available online. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET). The exam is conducted twice a year at the national level. Exams will be conducted for the “Assistant Professor” or “Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor Program” for Indian candidates. The purpose of this article is to provide complete information about UGC NET Application Form 2023.
To know more about NTA UGC NET, please refer to their official website.
UGC NET 2023 Application Form
Check the details about the application form for UGC NET 2023 with some key instructions given below:
- The UGC NET 2023 application form will be released in the second week of September 2022.
- The application form for UGC NET 2023 will be made available through online mode.
- Applying candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying, as the form will be accepted only for eligible candidates.
- Candidates must fill the application form with details like personal, education qualifications, phone number, etc.
- After entering the details, upload the scanned documents such as photographs and signatures in the prescribed format and size.
- The correction facility for UGC NET 2023 will be available from the third week of November 2023.
- The authority will provide the correction facility for some fields if the candidate enters some wrong information.
- The last date to submit the application form will be the third week of November 2023.
- Download the application form and take the printout of the application form for future reference.
To know more details about the application form, visit the UGC NET Official Website.
The application fee will be submitted through online mode. The candidate will be able to submit a fee using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
The Application fee for the different categories will be as follows: Category Wise Application Fee-
- General/ UR category Rs 1100/-
- General-EWS/ OBC-NCL category Rs 550/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender Rs 275/-
Also Read: Human Resource Management (HRM) FAQs Part I
UGC NET 2023 Application Correction
UGC NET 2023 corrections will be available from the third week of November 2022. The process will be conducted online. Login credentials are required to edit incorrect details (if any) in the application form.
Only a limited period will be available for the correction process. It is advised that candidates edit their incorrect details within the specified time frame. It will be a one-time opportunity for all registered candidates. Later on, such a facility will not be available.
UGC NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for UGC NET 2023, candidates must check the following eligibility criteria:
- Qualification: The candidate must have a master’s degree or equivalent from any recognized university.
- Age Limit: For JRF, the candidate’s maximum age must be 31 years. There will be 5-year relaxation given for reserved category candidates. There will be no maximum age limit for Assistant professors.
- Marks: In qualifying marks candidate must score at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC category candidate) to be eligible for admission.
- Appearing: Those candidates appearing in their final year in 2023 will also be eligible to apply for the exam.
Also Check: Management Theories in Business
UGC NET 2023 Application Date
Check the tentative application dates for UGC NET 2023 provided below:
Events and Date 2023 (Tentative)
- Online application form release- 2nd week of September 2023
- Last date to submit the application form- 3rd the week of November 2023
- Correction window – 3rd week of November 2023
- Admit card- 1st week of December 2023
- UGC NET 2023 exam – 2nd week of December 2023
You might also like About NTA: Visit About NTA
How to Apply for UGC NET 2023
The candidate must follow the following steps while filling out the online application form for UGC NET 2023:
- Please visit the website (Link will be available above).
- Apply for Online Registration using your unique email id and registered mobile number.
- Fill in the online application form with all the relevant basic details like personal information, educational qualification, marks acquired/scored, phone number, address, etc.
- After filling in all the required details candidates have to upload their scanned required documents like a recent passport size photograph with a file size within 10 KB- 200 KB either in the colored or black and white photograph.
- Also, upload the scanned signature within 4 KB- 30 KB size and prescribed format.
- Now verify & re-check the given details in the form.
- After verification, submit the application fee as per the different categories.
- Once the fee will be submitted, a confirmation page will appear on your screen.
- Take the printout of the filled application form and fee receipt for future reference.
Note: Always make sure you have filed all the relevant and required information/ details before submitting your application form. There are only a few chances available to make the corrections after filling and submitting the form, so make sure you do the right thing at first only. Also, please check all the guidelines before filling out your form, a lot of candidates get disqualified because of this simple mistake.
UGC NET Exam Preparation Tips for Students
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the schedule for the upcoming UGC NET Exam. This will be conducted in three phases – Preliminary, Main, and Final.
Know more about UGC NET visit: NTA UGC NET Official website
Know the Pattern of the Exam.
The UGC NET examination consists of two parts – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both these papers consist of multiple choice questions with four options each. Each question carries one mark and there is no negative marking.
Focus on the Key Topics.
You need to focus on the key topics while preparing for the exam. These topics will help you understand the concepts better and also give you an idea about how the exam is structured.
Practice with Sample Papers.
It is essential to practice with sample papers as these will help you understand the type of questions asked in the exam. This will also help you prepare for the actual exam.
Prepare for the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
The multiple choice question paper has two parts – objective and subjective. Objective questions test your knowledge of concepts and definitions. Subjective questions test your ability to apply those concepts and definitions to solve real-world problems.
Learn from Previous Year’s Question Papers.
You can use previous years’ question papers as a guide to understanding how the examiners will ask questions. This will help you prepare better for the exam.
NTA UGC NET FAQs
Please leave your comments or feedback down below in the comment section in case you have any queries related to UGC NET 2023 Application Form.